This recipe is too good, its chocolatey gooey crunchy greatness! I wasn’t planning on making these but after having a bit of a crazy morning I needed something sweet and delicious to enjoy with a cup of tea.
So why was it a crazy morning? Well I took Zoey to her swimming lessons which are usually lovely, but as we got out of the pool to head home for nap time the fire alarm went off. We spent 40 minutes standing in the cold, in our wet bathing suits. Not fun.
When it was all over we grabbed our stuff, jumped in the car and shivered the whole way home. I was grumpy and tired and thats when I got to thinking about something a little sweet to indulge in. Chocolate, one of those guilty pleasures… my guilty pleasures these days are teen mom 2, Spotify disco playlists and making desserts with a healthy twist. (I’m pretty sure this is my 3rd dessert blog in a week.)
This recipe is no exception it’s got almond butter, hemp hearts and is completely dairy and gluten free! I only made a small batch- so I couldn’t sit in front of the tv and devour them all in one sitting. There are a few reasons I choose Almond butter and not peanut butter, minerals are essential nutrients for our bodies ; they include calcium, iron, potassium, and zinc. When comparing the two nut butters, almond butter is a better source of these minerals- Overall a healthier option!
So put on your favourite guilty pleasure whether it be a tv show, movie or playlist and stuff your face with these amazingly yummy chocolate treats, you won’t be disappointed!
Listening to: Tina Charles – I love to love
//Salted Crunchy Almond Maple Chocolate Cups//
Approximately: 6 pcs
Time to Prepare: 20 min
For the Chocolate:
1TSP coconut oil
1 Cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
Optional: top with rock salt
How to get it going:
- Add the coconut oil into a small saucepan on low to medium heat, wait for it to melt then add the chocolate chips stirring until its all nice and smooth. Take off heat and put to the side.
- Now you need to make your filling add together the almond butter, maple syrup, hemp hearts, vanilla, pinch of salt. when you have mixed all these goodies together then sprinkle in the chocolate chips and give it another quick stir.
- Get you muffin liners all ready and add in a small amount of the chocolate to each one, making sure to coat the sides slightly. put it on the freezer for a couple of minutes.
- Use this time to dance to your disco music.
- Take those out of the freezer and using a small spoon, add a glob of your filling to each one and press it down with the back of the spoon.
- Add the rest of your chocolate coating to the top and put them back in the freezer.
- Dance for a few more mins (approx 10-15) and take them out of the freezer.
- Eat all the chocolatey goodness and feel good about it.